Prize Slice Apples are versatile, healthy and delicious! They can be served and savored any time – breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack or dessert. Below are just a few of the many ways our apples can be enjoyed!
- Top sliced or chopped apples on toasted bread, waffles, or muffins spread with peanut butter
- Add to pancakes (either in batter or on top)
- Add to granola
- Add to yogurt
- Toss into salads. Apple spinach salad is a classic.
- Add to sandwiches. Our apples taste wonderful with turkey or ham on whole grain or rustic bread spread with mustard and topped with cheese. Prize Slice Apples also add crunch and delightful flavor to a wrap. For extra nutrition, color and taste, add some arugula or spinach to these sandwiches.
- Dip our apple slices in cheese, peanut butter or yogurt.
- Just enjoy them as they are. They are the perfect snack to munch on at work or school or on your next trip.
- Slice them thin and bake into apple chips
- Sauté with Brussels sprouts or onions for a delicious side dish.
- Bake or slow cook with pork, potatoes and sauerkraut.
- Simply grill and serve as a side dish. With their tart or sweet flavors, apples pair nicely with chicken, pork and fish.
- Add slices to soup recipes. Apples are especially tasty in cheddar soup, carrot/ginger soup and other pureed soups
- Everyone knows how great apple pie is. Apples also add scrumptious flavor and texture to other baked items like breads and cookies.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, microwave and use as a topping for ice-cream. Or just sprinkle them with cinnamon and devour them raw.
Warm Cinnamon Apples with Gelato INGREDIENTS 4 packs of Fresh Innovation Prize Slice Red Apples 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg 2 tablespoons water 1 tablespoon butter 1 scoop of Vanilla Gelato Caramel...read more
Apple Cheese Wraps INGREDIENTS 1-2 packs of Fresh Innovations Prize Slice Apples Cheddar Cheese slices Deli Meat slices DIRECTIONS Slice the cheddar cheese into 1/2 inch wide slices and the ham in 1/2 or in 1/4 (the ham needs to be large enough to wrap around the...read more
Apple Fried Chicken Sandwich INGREDIENTS Fresh Innovations Green Prize Sliced Apples 3/4 teaspoon cayenne 1 1/4 cups buttermilk 4 brioche or pretzel hamburger buns 1/3 cup pickle juice, plus 16 dill pickle slices 2 tablespoons hot sauce Kosher salt and freshly ground...read more
Kale Almond Apple Salad INGREDIENTS 1/2 cup dry red quinoa 1 cup water 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 tbps honey 4-5 cups chopped kale two packages of sliced green apples 2 tbsp of sliced almonds DIRECTIONS Combine 1 cup of water with the...read more